I’m sure you hear this every year around this time, so I’ll get straight to the point!
Number One: I wish you a very blessed New Year! I pray that God grant you all the desires of your heart and then some 🙂
Number Two: I strongly (did I say strongly?…. yes, I did!) challenge you to take dominion of every area of your life. The Bible says it like this: “I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phil. 4:13 NKJV
Notice it does not say that Christ will do ALL things for you!!! He will give us the strength and provide resources to bring necessary changes to our life.
“Top New Year’s Resolutions”
Marriage: If your marriage is not where it should be, do not sit on your lovely glutes and allow it to wither away. Take dominion and seek counsel! There is an abundance of resources available at your fingertips. If your spouse is not willing to seek counsel, you should still seek counsel for the good of your marriage.
- Marriage Counseling – Church, Community, Professional services
- Marriage Seminars – Church, Community, Professional Services
- Local bookstores – Magazine Articles, Books, Podcasts, DVD, etc.
- Amazon, Google, Kindle.. I think you get it!
Friendships: Make sure you surround yourself with people that believe in you and your destiny. Keep in mind that if someone does not honor your God given journey, they do not honor YOU!
- Are we aligned with people who are readily available during our victorious times, but are nowhere to be found during our hardships?
- Are we aligned with people that seem empathetic during our hardships, but are not there to applaud our victories and great successes?
Our friends have the power to speak life into us, empower us to strive for our destiny, or they have the power to paralyze our efforts with ill advice or motives. Take dominion and assess your circle of friends!
Weight Loss: This is the most common resolution on the planet! Best time of year for fitness gyms, weight loss programs, diets, etc. Everyone claims to have the answer for your weight loss goals and to be honest, a lot of them are right. However, only you can determine what your goals are and what works best for you. Take dominion and manage your health and fitness goals!
- Join a gym – Don’t leave it for another day and please stop making excuses. You are only hurting yourself. If you don’t feel good about yourself, it will affect every area of your life. Depression, low self-esteem, lack of energy, lack of joy and the list goes on… (My motto: Eat, Pray & do Zumba!)
- Join a team – Research sports or activities in your area that would interest you. Rather than sitting in front of the TV or struggling to zip up your jeans, go for a walk or run! I would invest in a good pair of sneakers and pass up that new purse or latest gadget 🙂 Ask a friend to join you….. but be willing to go solo!
- Try a few sample products that will kick start your weight loss – Evaluate your budget. How much are you spending at the coffee shop? How much are you spending at the Drive -thru? (You know which one!) How much are you willing to invest in your future? Consider budgeting for a healthier lifestyle and include a program that is easy, deliciously effective and that provides results. (Delicious is a plus!) It’s much wiser to invest in good health than to invest in medication for bad health. You think?
- I can make a few suggestions of products available to kick start your weight loss goals. Just ask! However, unless you make a decision to change your lifestyle we’ll have this talk again in December of 2013 🙂
Only you can determine the YOU.. YOU want to be! Happy New Year and many blessings to you!
You must log in to post a comment.